Sunday, July 20, 2008

Backgrounds to Isolate Your Subjects...


This is the dragonfly image that kept disappearing whenever I would try to post it. Thanks for your patience while I learn how to do this blog thing.

What I Like:

The triangular composition is a very stable one, although its very stability risks making the image seem static and non-living. The background is more mottled, and, to my eyes, more natural than a monotone "posterboard-type" background. And a nice pose.

What I don't like:

I don't care for the abruptness with which the grasses explode out of the base of the frame. If I could do it again, I would try to vignette the bottom of the frame by holding some grasses or leaves close to the front of the lens. I suppose I could do a gradual blur in Photoshop, but I always prefer to "get it right in the camera".

No comments:

Post a Comment